This is the policy for employees in the UK.
You are eligible for both paid and unpaid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child. thoughtbot ensuress 6 weeks of fully paid parental leave for non-birthing parents and 12 weeks of fully paid leave for birthing parents. Beyond that, you are welcome to use vacation time, statutory pay, and unpaid leave to take up to a total of 6 months parental leave. Birthing parents can take up to an additional 6 months if they so choose.
- 6 weeks paid Parental Leave: Statutory pay topped off by thoughtbot to 100% salary
- Eligible for up to 6 months off based on thoughtbot’s policy.
- May be eligible for additional time off under the UK’s Shared Parental Leave policy.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave: Statutory pay topped off by thoughtbot to 100% salary
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) is paid for up to 39 weeks total. This includes the time topped off by thoughtbot.
- Eligible for up to 52 weeks off based on the UK’s Maternity Leave policy.
Please contact email@example.com to work out your leave details at least 8 weeks before the intended start to your leave.
Statutory Pay and Leave in the UK
As of 2022, statutory maternity pay is £156.66 per week for up to 39 weeks. Rates and policies can change frequently. For the most up to date information on UK leave policies, please see the guides below.