This is the policy for employees in the UK.
You are eligible for both paid and unpaid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child. thoughtbot ensuress 6 weeks of fully paid parental leave for non-birthing parents and 12 weeks of fully paid leave for birthing parents. Beyond that, you are welcome to use vacation time, statutory pay, and unpaid leave to take up to a total of 6 months parental leave. Birthing parents can take up to an additional 6 months if they so choose.
- 6 weeks paid Parental Leave: Statutory pay topped off by thoughtbot to 100% salary
- Eligible for up to 6 months off based on thoughtbot’s policy.
- May be eligible for additional time off under the UK’s Shared Parental Leave policy.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave: Statutory pay topped off by thoughtbot to 100% salary
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) is paid for up to 39 weeks total. This includes the time topped off by thoughtbot.
- Eligible for up to 52 weeks off based on the UK’s Maternity Leave policy.
Please contact email@example.com to work out your leave details at least 8 weeks before the intended start to your leave.
Statutory Maternity Pay and Leave in the UK
As of 2023, statutory maternity pay is £172.48 a week or 90% of your average weekly earnings, whichever is lower per week for up to 39 weeks. Rates and policies can change frequently. For the most up to date information on UK leave policies, please see the guides below.